At Amplication, we pride ourselves on making one of the best developer tools, making it easier for anyone to create a backend instantly. Speed and simplicity is our goal, and we got the speed down part, so now we're focused on making things even easier for developers to get started. That's why we're proud to announce our new Service Wizard!
If you're tired of setting up services in your projects, connecting them to GitHub, and navigating through all our amazing plugins to find the best database, then the Service Wizard is for you! As developers, we know how crucial it is to have a seamless workflow when setting up services for your applications.
With our Service Wizard, you can say goodbye to the hassle of manual setup and enjoy a streamlined process that walks you through each of the following steps:
- GitHub Sync: Amplication's Service Wizard allows you to sync your services with GitHub automatically. You’ll be guided through the process, making connecting your service to GitHub quick and easy.
- GraphQL or REST: Amplication understands that developers have different preferences regarding API protocols. Now you can choose between a GraphQL API endpoint, REST API endpoints, no endpoints, or both with just a few clicks. The wizard handles the necessary configurations, saving you time and effort.
- Better Repository Management: Amplication already supports both polyrepo and monorepo projects. In the past, though, this would require going through your settings and ensuring all of your code is saved to the right place. We speed up this process by letting you pick to what repo you want to sync your service and figuring out how to structure your code for you!
- Database Providers: Amplication supports various popular database providers, so we’ve made it easier to choose the one that fits your project's requirements. You can configure your preferred database provider with one click; Amplication will cover the rest.
- Authentication Options: Amplication understands the importance of authentication in modern applications. The wizard allows you to choose whether you want to enable authentication for your service or not.
We're building something For Developers, By Developers. We took much of the feedback we've heard from you, our community, to make those first few steps in building your services much more enjoyable. Providing greater simplicity by surfacing all of the features and options you want and walking you through everything you need to get up and running even faster than before.
Try Amplication's Service Wizard today and supercharge your development workflow at app.amplication.com. If you have any feedback or suggestions, we can't wait to hear them; let us know on our GitHub repo by opening an issue. Until next time, happy coding!